Diels-Alder
Thành viên ChemVN

Tham gia ngày: Feb 2008
Tuổi: 37
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trích:
Nguyên văn bởi nbaotoan View Post
I have a presentation about Quantum dots. You can take a look and have an general idea about Quantum dots and confinement effect :)

Have fun
nbaotoan
Hi nbaotoan.
I have read slightly about quantum dots from Bluemonster's posts and other references, but I still don't understand completely about Quantum confinement effect.

Topic Quantum dots + Chitosan:
http://chemvn.net/chemvn/showthread.php?t=1939

I found out from wikipedia.org:
Trích:
Nguyên văn bởi wikipedia
If the electron and hole are constrained further, then the semiconductor's properties change
I don't know what is the term "constrained" meaning ? And what do properties of semiconductor change ???
And:
Trích:
Nguyên văn bởi wikipedia
Quantum confinement describes the increase in energy which occurs when the motion of a particle is restricted in one or more dimensions by a potential well. When the confining dimension is large compared to the wavelength of the particle, the particle behaves as if it were free. As the confining dimension decreases, the particle's energy increases
Can you explain more than about this paragraph ?!
When the particle size (of semiconductor) reach to nanoscale (quantum wire or quantum dot), comparable with Exciton Bohr Radius, the quantum confinement effect exist. And it makes the "ban gap" of semiconductor is larger (increase energy). Am I right ???

Thanks in advance.
Diels-Alder vẫn chưa có mặt trong diễn đàn   Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn